Mango Disc Golf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Okaloosa Island Disc Golf Course

5 posters

Go down

Okaloosa Island Disc Golf Course Empty Okaloosa Island Disc Golf Course

Post  steve h Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:46 pm

Just a quick update: Mike F, Snappy and I are back from the SNPC. Sorry to say none of us cashed but we had a great time on fantastic courses. WOW - we should be so lucky to even have one coures like those. I had a injury in the beginning of the third round rolling my ankle and that really took any chance for me. Lucky that we had a doctor in my group that taped me up right on the spot and made it possible to finish. No excuses - had a great time.

Spent some time with Nikko at the event and he says he will here to visit me/us right after the USDGC the first week in October. I am going to be there - if anyone is interested in information on going PM me and I will let you know all th eins and outs...

The day before we left I had a meeting with the Okaloosa County Parks Advisory board and after over comming five or six huge objections I did persuade them to allow us to begin moving forward on a new course. NOTHING is set and still have a lot of work to do to make this happen and I will need your help in the next couple of months. If you like what you see below please sign up on my forum (use link at wwwMy Webpage and let me know that you would like to see this happen. Most of you know or can imagine how much work this takes and I need to know that you stand behind me. They also mentioned that they have land in the North Okaloosa county that I will follow up on once we finish working on this one. Use this link to see what I presented as far as a course design.

Okaloosa Island Disc Golf

Best - Steve
steve h
steve h

http://www.playgrounddiscgolfclub.com , www.elyaqueclub.com , ww

Back to top Go down

Okaloosa Island Disc Golf Course Empty Re: Okaloosa Island Disc Golf Course

Post  Key Chains 2 Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:11 am

First off, let me introduce myself. I am Ronda Key and currently am one of the owners of Key Chains Bike and Disc in Fort Walton Beach. I am responding to Steve Hollis and his recent comment about the Parks and Rec. board in Okaloosa Co. I am going to try to be as professional as possible, but with this said, I have had enough of Steve Hollis's bullcrap. The ONLY thing true about his statement above is that he did go in front of the board. He forgot to mention that I, with the support of the real Playground Disc Golf Club, had already been in front of them in July. I attended the next board meeting at the request of the Chairman who called me to inform me that by law they had to schedule Mr. Hollis even though they had informed him I had already made a presentation to them at the July meeting. For those of you that do not know me, I'm not one to bulls%$t anyone so everything you are fixing to read is true. You can form your own opinion. The Parks and Rec, board is very excited about disc golf in Okaloosa Co. The plans that they have for the old Par 3 course where Steve is speaking of was recently taking over by Okaloosa Co. They want to keep it natural. Emerald Coast Wildlife has a piece of it for hurt or injured animals. Steve was told this, he said and I quote " The Audubon Society would just have to give" when speaking of the nesting Blue Heroin’s. They want to put in a pier for fishing tournaments and an amphitheater for concerts. They do not want cement tee pads (which Steve said was a must at 4x10 ft.) They also said that the Google earth imagine that Steve made was to much land. He was asking for 30 achers, but then said 1 acher per hole would be enough. They told him, as they had already told me, this was even said in the meeting several times, (As we already told Ronda) they might be able to let a disc golf course in out there, but it might take anywhere from 6 months to 2 years to get it approved, with all the other proposals they have for out there. Then they said that if allowed it wouldn’t be permanent.
. The cour
se could be asked to move at anytime. So with all this they said, why not try to put one in the north end of the county. Lots of room, no people, trees, water, all we need. Steves response, people wont drive to Crestview to play disc golf. Really, its 30 minutes away. Then 2 sentences later he states that he himself drives to Pensacola to play every week. I don’t know about you all but I would drive 30 minutes to play. The tourist are googling our store for directions to all the courses around our area. Teresa, my sister, has map quest directions printed out and ready for them, because of how many have come in. It all boils down to Hollis knew that I was going to do this, and when he found out it did not include him, he made his own appointment with the board and has posted what they had already TOLD ME. There are going to be some exciting things happening in our area and some pretty big news coming at the Nov. board meeting, but will not include Hollis.

As for the Playground Disc Golf Club, It is doing better than ever. New members, up coming tournaments, a fling for food every Thursday night to help with our local food banks. The guys Jeff, Drake, and Lance have been doing a great job at growing the club. If you notice some confusion with how to get to the clubs website, this was do to Hollis taking there site from them. He did this after he found out about me going in front of the board. He has been told by my company that we would pay him for there website and he refuses. Hollis seems to think he is bigger than he is, money and lies. We, Key Chains, Playground, and all the new disc golfers have the backing Steve, I’ve made sure of that, and we don’t lie. I’ve always been accused of telling it like it is, but you what, it keeps me out of mess you are in.

Whitepoint? I was told by a board member that it was denied do to course placement and Hollis proposing it to be a private course. Keep in mind there are disc golfers on this board.

There’s a lot more I could discuss but I’m tired of this subject. Thank-you for listening. We really love our sport, we have got permission from the schools to have clinics, we are offering lessons to all golfers, and have people from 9 to75 years old out throwing. We want to grow this sport in our area and we feel we are on the right track. If you have any questions feel free to call us anytime. 850-226-6853. Ronda Key
Key Chains 2
Key Chains 2

http://www.keychainsbikedisc.com

Back to top Go down

Okaloosa Island Disc Golf Course Empty Matter of opinion

Post  steve h Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:19 am

First off, let me introduce myself. I am Steve Hollis and currently am one of the owners of Alicia J Hollis, Realtor in Fort Walton Beach. I am responding to Rhonda Key and her recent comment about my meeting and post following the Parks and Rec. board in Okaloosa Co. I am going to try to be as professional as possible, but I am sick of all the crap, too! Your responce is totaly out of line.

The ONLY thing true about his statement above is that he did go in front of the board. He forgot to mention that I, with the support of the real Playground Disc Golf Club, had already been in front of them in July. So this must mean that no one else is able to present an alternate option - because you and the REAL PDGC had already presented a proposal asking an already cash strapped County to fund your project - lot of since this makes)[/color] I attended the next board meeting at the request of the Chairman who called me to inform me that by law they had to schedule Mr. Hollis even though they had informed him I had already made a presentation to them at the July meeting. (How do you think that I was informed that you had made a presentation)For those of you that do not know me, I'm not one to bulls%$t anyone so everything you are fixing to read is true. You can form your own opinion. (So everything I said was bull shit?)The Parks and Rec, board is very excited about disc golf in Okaloosa Co. The plans that they have for the old Par 3 course where Steve is speaking of was recently taking over by Okaloosa Co. They want to keep it natural. Emerald Coast Wildlife has a piece of it for hurt or injured animals. Steve was told this, he said and I quote " The Audubon Society would just have to give" when speaking of the nesting Blue Heroin’s. (Ture but out of context - I said that other interested parties would have to give as we disc golfers would, to share this piece of property - if it was solely up to this Society nothing would be possible because anything put there would interfear with the nesting of Herons- so at some point they will have to give a bit)no way that the Audubon Society.They want to put in a pier for fishing tournaments and an amphitheater for concerts(What is stopping them? How long will it be before the county has the funds to do these things? As the board mentioned it could be several years.) If you remember I did tell them that the layout was only done by the request of Amy Allen and I did mention that we could pull any baskets and move them to other locations and use a smaller piece of the land). They do not want cement tee pads (which Steve said was a must at 4x10 ft.) Never said must and nothing was ever said about they did not want cement pads - guess you would not need cement tee pads if you were granted the land. I did mention, again if you remember that this was a safety issue) They also said that the Google earth imagine that Steve made was to much land. He was asking for 30 achers, but then said 1 acher per hole would be enough. (guess that is what makes me a successful Realtor - you ask for as much as possible <you might get it> and then negotiate for less if needed)for They told him, as they had already told me, this was even said in the meeting several times, (As we already told Ronda) they might be able to let a disc golf course in out there, but it might take anywhere from 6 months to 2 years to get it approved, (might? might be 2 months also, but what does this have to do with anything?)with all the other proposals they have for out there. Then they said that if allowed it wouldn’t be permanent. (If the course was a huge success and the public and county realized that this use of the land was beneficial for all parties might it not be possible that it could be there for years?)
. The course could be asked to move at anytime. (AND?)So with all this they said, why not try to put one in the north end of the county. Lots of room, no people, trees, water, all we need. Steves response, people wont drive to Crestview to play disc golf. Really, its 30 minutes away. (Not exactly - I said that to put tourist heads in beds, having them shop and spend money in our local businesses it would be better to have this land and course near to where they are staying) Then 2 sentences later he states that he himself drives to Pensacola to play every week. I don’t know about you all but I would drive 30 minutes to play. The tourist are googling our store for directions to all the courses around our area. Teresa, my sister, has map quest directions printed out and ready for them, because of how many have come in. It all boils down to Hollis knew that I was going to do this, and when he found out it did not include him, he made his own appointment with the board and has posted what they had already TOLD ME. There are going to be some exciting things happening in our area and some pretty big news coming at the Nov. board meeting, but will not include Hollis. (Sure of this? If that comes to pass I will have no problem with that and would support your efforts to open the area. (I have no $$ interest and you do, as stated above you own a disc golf store make perfect sence why you want to do this)

As for the Playground Disc Golf Club, It is doing better than ever. (Not hard to do since in almost one year you have done nothing - the Sunday random doubles was started before there was a club so that is not new. The Thursday fling is new and guess you did have a tournament, and if you remember I pushed you Key Chains into doing it because at that time you hated the President of the Playground Disc Golf Club and agreed with me that they were not doing ANYTHING to move our sport forward. Also, if you search your memory that seems to omit facts as you see fit it was me that tried to move you and the BOD of Playground Disc Glof Club together<I will not be surprised if you run and are elected to the BOD in October>. Lastly on this point the President of the PDGC spoke with me about resigning and having a new board move forward because he had failed at doing anything - go ahead and call me a lier again) New members, up coming tournaments, a fling for food every Thursday night to help with our local food banks. The guys Jeff, Drake, and Lance have been doing a great job at growing the club. If you notice some confusion with how to get to the clubs website, this was do to Hollis taking there (there site)site from them. (Taking the site from who - I paid for the site with my money for the Club - Jeff was going to build it - several months later like most things with the PDGC nothing had been done - so I took my time and designed the site, kept it updated and Jeff did nothing, and even though he told other members that the Club had repaid me I have never seen the money - that seeems to be a lie also) He did this after he found out about me going in front of the board. (Think this was done before your going to the board) He has been told by my company (your company Key Chains? has never talked to me about it, this is an out and out lie) that we would pay him for there website and he refuses. (OK - write me a check for my investment, and my time for $1000 and you can have it)Hollis seems to think he is bigger than he is, money and lies. (Excuse me for working hard and being suscessful and having money <one reason why I might make this work> and there are no lies here on my part) (We, Key Chains, Playground, and all the new disc golfers have the backing Steve, I’ve made sure of that, and we don’t lie. I’ve always been accused of telling it like it is, but you what, it keeps me out of mess you are in. (what mess)

Whitepoint? I was told by a board member that it was denied do to course placement and Hollis proposing it to be a private course. ( Another lie - never was it said that it would be a private course, the Jackson Guard had stated from the beginning that you would only need a season pass to play. As a matter of fact here is the reply from my contact about the reason White Point was a no go " White Point is a no go, issue is compatibility with current use and limited space. Also, Army is looking hard at all Eglin owned property on the Bay for potential ops which could significantly complicate future recreational use. Committee recommends we pursue potential use of Anderson pond area upon completion of renovation.") Keep in mind there are disc golfers on this board.

I did try prior to you going to the board to work with you on this project and you went without me and without informing me that you were going to do so. Some of my qualifications that I presented to the board are pasted below - what are yours?

My name is Steve Hollis and I am a local businessman with a strong passion for Disc Golf and other disc related sports. I have been involved in Frisbee sports at the World Competition level since 1984. I still compete today as a Grand Master at the Professional level as a member of the PDGA. Also, I compete in the Southern National Disc Golf Tournaments of which I leave tomorrow by invitation to play in this years Pro Championships in Memphis, TN. I am interested along with my partner Eric Walker of Walker Ace Hardware in promoting the sport in our area. We know that your time is valuable so I will try to keep this short just to see if we might have a match here and we can work out the details at a later date. Eric and I unlike other groups need no funding from the county and we are prepared to invest 10 to15 thousand dollars of our or our sponsor’s money to make this a reality. We can take care of the land without any real significant changes to it. As this piece of land was set up as a golf course it fits our needs exactly and we believe it will satisfy your needs to provide a public use park - -again without any cost to the county. We are prepared to install the course, staff and run the course, care for the land, and provide a drug free and gated safe area for our children and tourist alike to learn the sport with free clinics. Because of years of involvement in the sport and my friendship with the top 20 professional players in the world we are able to get their assistance in programs working with schools, clubs, clinics, and fund raisers in our area. In the last year we had Kurt "The Friz Wiz" Lampkin. Recognized as a 33 year flying disc sports Professional, World Class ‘Overall’ Competitor, sport promoter, coach / instructor & mentor to youth within the disc golf world. We had the 2009 PDGA Disc Golf World Champion Avery Jenkins, Val Jenkins a three time World Champion, and Nate Doss also a two time World Champion and USDGC Champion here to play with our members. All gave their time to play with us and also gave us a free clinic. This year you can expect to see these players return and look for Nikko Locastro current world champion to also be joining us. I will also be inviting other top world pros to visit during my trip to the USDGC the first week in October 2010. I am also a partner with Innova (the largest disc company in the world) which will also open doors for success in our future as leaders in promoting disc golf in the Panhandle of Florida.

Now tell us again all that the Playground Disc Golf Club has done in the past year?!#

Re-reading my post I see no where that it was stated that I was the interested party that might get use of the land I do see where it says "NOTHING is set and still have a lot of work to do to make this happen and I will need your help in the next couple of months." It also says "They also mentioned that they have land in the North Okaloosa county that I will follow up on once we finish working on this one." You state that you went to the board two months before - what happened? They did not vote on your proposal? Rhonda you were at my presentation and seemed to me that the one gentleman that currently works for the Parks in FWB was against the idea. That after I over came all of his objections he stated " Steve, you have changed my mind" and asked that we move forward and asked me to return for the next board meeting. Looks to me that your presentation should have had the same objections which were not overcome at your meeting. Looks like I moved both our causes forward and you come here to beat me up. Since you state that Hollis will not be involved - I still was the one that moved you closer to realizing your goal.

Would you like me to just quit on my passion because of you? Should we wait to see what you and the ever expanding PDGC do in moving forward? Again, tell us all that the Playground Disc Golf Club has done in the past year and re-read what I have done - Top Pros , Hijacking your website, etc...

I was approached by some of the best players in P-cola and FWB about doing something outside of PDGC - if you remember I was done, just wanted to play disc golf... but others are not satisfied and asked me to help. I need those people and everyone else reading this post to voice their opinions as I am sure you do. Have some balls and speak up - none of us are going to be upset about your ideas on the growth of our sport in our area. If the over all opinions of our players say that you are better equipped to take on the future of disc golf in our area, course expansions, bringing top pros here to play and teach us I will step away and support your efforts. If it goes my way you should do the same. I like you girls and always tried to get you more involved in all of this because I believe you do have a passion for the sport - I wish that we could have worked together but you went another direction without me and I lost no sleep over this as I am sure you have not either - we all now sleep in the bed/beds we made. I want to be involved with moving forward in promoting disc golf and hope that one day we can get past all of this and work together, I just could not do it with the current BOD as they did not function as a board. Individual members just did what they wanted without speaking with the othe BOD's. That does not and will never work! Sure that you have a responce to my post and I welcome it - unlike your forum there will be no deleted post here unless they are offensive in language - everyone please be positive in your thoughts and post.

Please voice you opinions!!
Thanks,
Parker the Hijacker
steve h
steve h

Back to top Go down

Post  Key Chains 2 Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:52 am

First off let me be perfectly clear. You (Steve Hollis) have nothing to do with me or our business. This is the reason you were never included in anything pertaining to new courses in Okaloosa Co. You are correct. you did hound me about phone numbers and contacts that you were aware that I had, to try to propose new courses in our area. These are people and numbers trusted to me because I know these people. You arent the only one with connections. Playground Disc Golf Club had nothing to do with us going in front of the board the 1st time, as this was something that was being done on the down low, to not draw negative attention yet again, as was done with the Whitepoint fiasco. However, since joining PLAYGROUND DISC GOLF CLUB, we as a whole, are looking forward to ANY and ALL courses that are proposed in our area!! Again... to GROW THE SPORT... no matter the age or "level of play".

2nd: If you are going to speak of me and the people involved in this matter, know your facts. I didnt ask the county to fund anything. We have funding for EVERYTHING needed for a course. All the county was asked for was land, that was not being used, to do this. You found out about me going in front of the board by calling up there and requesting to be put on the docket. How do I know this? I was told by the Parks and Rec board. At which time you were informed I had already done this. You then called my store and spoke with my sister, stating how fed up with the disc golf commumity and Playground that you were. You asked to speak with me and I declined. At this time, July 7th, is when you stated you were taking the website from Playground Disc Golf Club. Its funny now the website has gone up to 1000.00 dollars when you told Drake it was 400.00 dollars. I have a website, I am aware of how much they cost. You have been told that we would pay for their domain name, but with this said, I would request a detailed receipt from the site host. I will not pay you a design fee, because you took that upon yourself to do this.

3rd: You have every right to go in front of the board, my problem with this is you are stating things that were already brought up and disscused by me, and putting it forth to everyone as if you did it all. I think its great that you are trying to have course put in, but stay out of my business. Make know mistake Mr. Hollis, I am tired of playing with you. You have done nothing since we met you but try to cause issues between all different kinds of people. Its finally come around and everyone gets it. Have your own club,team or whatever you want to call it, but leave the us and Playground Disc Golf Club alone.

4th: Whitepoint. I guess the board member lied to me.

5th: With all of this that has been said, I am going to request the minutes to both the board meetings and the Eglin board so everyone can see for themselves exactly what was said.

Good luck with your endeavours, just stay out of ours. Any questions, feel free to contact us anytime Teresa or Ronda (850) 226-6853.
Key Chains 2
Key Chains 2

Back to top Go down

Okaloosa Island Disc Golf Course Empty After Thought

Post  steve h Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:56 am

Why don't you copy and paste your commets and my reply on your forum so your members can see what you posted on mine?

Sure that you will have their support and I would like to hear from them also. Just an idea!
steve h
steve h

Back to top Go down

Post  Key Chains 1 Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:08 pm

Done, hopefully all disc golfers will give input on new courses! sunny ~T.K.~
Key Chains 1
Key Chains 1

Back to top Go down

Okaloosa Island Disc Golf Course Empty Thanks for your thoughts - But...

Post  steve h Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:41 pm

Rhonda,

With respect.

Never hounded you or asked for any phone numbers from you - that is an untruth. I asked that we get together and move forward on a proposal. I thought with my contacts in the sport and your/our passion that together we would have the best chance to work together for new courses and growing the sport. At the heart of the matter, something I feel we both want to do. I made my own call to the county without your help and had a chance to pitch for the land just as you did.

The white point fiasco? Was from rumors and non truths that no one involved in the project had - mostly BOD form PDGC. I took time off from work on Thursdays to
work with the President of PDGC (his day off) and he never showed or helped in the design in the couple of months we worked on the course design and ideas... seems to be a pattern here. I because of the rumors kept the info to myself as it was getting out of hand. You should have heard some of the things that were floating around.

Didn't ask for funding - guess that you are implying that your contacts at the county mislead me as they are the ones that told me that. Sorry if I spoke out of context, please forgive me.

I did ask to speak to you and was told you were not there - another untruth. This is stated in your post below. I never took the website from playground as it was never theirs.

You have every right to go in front of the board, my problem with this is you are stating things that were already brought up and discused by me, and putting it forth to everyone as if you did it all. ??? I did do it and I did state what I had done - where is the problem there. I was asking golfers to get involved and help the cause. Did not know anything about the substance of your meeting with them. You seem to think that because you had a meeting that I was in your business?? I have negotiated 100's of contracts and so did other parties on the same properties (won some lost some but would never think to tell the other parties that they did not have a right to put in an offer) and this was just one more I was trying to get done.

You stated -Playground Disc Golf Club had nothing to do with us going in front of the board the 1st time, as this was something that was being done on the down low, and then you stated I, with the support of the real Playground Disc Golf Club, had already been in front of them in July. one of these statements is incorrect or just another untruth.

You say that you want to buy the rights to playgrounddiscgolfclub.com? Thought that I took it way from PDGC - how is that possible if you want to purchase it from the owner - me? . I told Drake an aprox amount that I had spent on the site not a dollar amount that it would or would not be for sale for. In my experience when someone buys a domain from another owner they pay more money because they want that name for themselves. I designed the web site because the person who was doing the designing (PDGC) did not do it, and I am not asking to be compensated for that. I designed the site to grow the sport as no one else was moving forward to do this and to this date no one else has. IF you want the site the price is $1000 and for that you could get me out of the picture something that seems you are trying hard to do. Remember that competition is good in sports as well as in business.

Stay out of your business - Sorry Rhonda again with respect; I do not see where I have entered your business. I just stated the results of MY meeting with the county. You are free to do the same with your meeting. I never implied that you did or did not do anything in this same area.

Contact you - tried that before and was told you were not there when you were. What would that accomplish? Lets just state our thoughts in the open so others can join in with theirs. Although looks like no one will because this topic is so TOXIC. Hope that I am wrong here as we both need to hear form others.

Since it seems that you feel that I am the problem and you are the solution I wish you the best in your promotions in the sport ~ lets just be clear when you call me out as a lier you are personally attacking me without any substance and that is what I object to. All of my comments in my previous post are correct. I do not see you objecting to them because you know that they are truths.

Requesting the minutes is a great idea. I stand behind my comments and look forward to you posting them.

One thing that I do know - that all of this bullshit is not helping anyone. Unfortunate that you seem to believe you are the only group to move us forward - you and you alone but I do respect your opinion and it will stand here on MY forum for all to see. Your record in the past year really does not support this but I believe things will get better. When players that I know are here like Nikko in October - Avery, Nate and Val again next year we will try to stay out of your way while you grow the sport in our area.

I hope that you will continue to allow me to participate in your or PDGC events as a player I am done making waves for you to surf on.

Respectfully,

Steve Hollis
steve h
steve h

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt D Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:33 pm

I have no dog in this fight. Although I carry a PGDGC Bag Tag, I am not a member of the club, so I should probably keep my mouth shut,(yeah right, like that's going to happen.) However, disc golf and the growth of it here on the Gulf Coast is something I'm VERY passionate about, so here I go voicing an opinion anyway.

The Emerald Coast Disc Golf Club faced similar "growing pains" a few years back. The one thing I learned at that time is that it's better for all parties concerned to sit down face to face and try and work through your differences up close and personal. This bickering back and forth on a public internet forum has little chance of accomplishing anything other than prolonging the argument and turning off potential disc golfers, sponsors, municipalities, etc...

I like Steve Hollis. I like Teresa & Ronda Key. As a matter of fact, I like all the good people I've met that are involved with growing this great sport in the Fort Walton Beach area. I hope y'all can work through this quickly and amicably for all parties concerned.

Matt Davenport
pdga# 30274

Matt D

Back to top Go down

Post  Key Chains 1 Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:34 am

First of all, Thanks Matt.... very level headed statement

Secondly, once again, whether it be on 1 or both parties, sentences being taken out of context, is out of control. NO ONE has ever doubted Mr. Hollis' ability to bring "pros" to our area and never once was anything said other than "KUDOS to Steve" for doing just that.

2 persons from the parks and recreation board have read all posts written on all forums, as I gave them this info to clear up any misconceptions. And I would like everyone to know and everyone to be above board about any future plans for courses. Please feel free to contact them at the number listed under their email. They are wonderful to talk to and you will be pleasantly pleased!

ONCE AGAIN, are we not all wanting to grow the sport? KEY CHAINS has never once said or implied that WE could or would do this alone or on our own as was previously stated, totally false!!

The bottom line is, it was being put out there about, and I quote, "OKALOOSA ISLAND DISC GOLF COURSE", and mt sister and I wanted to make it clear that is NO WAY NEAR being a reality and as far as the big info coming in "NOVEMEBER" that we wrote about, had nothing to do with Okaloosa Island Course, and did not involve Steve Hollis, as it is an endeavor that KEY CHAINS is doing, again not with a disc golf course.

So to pretty much sum up the bull@%&*, I have attached the latest and FINAL word from the parks and rec department for the time being.

AGAIN, this was never to be a who is better than who match as has been previously stated, so please draw your own opinions and GO PLAY SOME GOLF or GO ACE ONE FOR JIM

Anyone reading this, Please feel free to call me with any questions, (850) 226-6853 ~Teresa~

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RE: Disc GolfThursday, September 9, 2010 2:40 PM
From: "Amy Allen" <aallen@co.okaloosa.fl.us>Add sender to ContactsTo: "'Steve Hollis'" <stevehollis@ajhrealtor.com>, "'keychains09@yahoo.com'" <keychains09@yahoo.com>Cc: "Sheri Whitman" <swhitman@co.okaloosa.fl.us>, "James Puckett" <jpuckett@co.okaloosa.fl.us>

Mr. Hollis & Ms. Key,

I want to make sure you both understand that NO decision has been made in any way concerning the disc golf proposals you presented to the Parks Advisory Committee (PAC). And no announcement regarding your proposals has been planned for the November PAC meeting. I want to thank you both for your presentations and interest in furthering the sport of disc golf. The information presented was very helpful in coming to understand this new sport and your suggestions will be shared with the Resources Project Manager, James Puckett. However, the county is facing substantial budget cuts again in next year’s 2011 Budget due to the economic down turn in our area. I will keep you both informed of any updates regarding your requests.

Please contact me If I can assist you in any way.

Sincerely,

Amy Allen

Parks Coordinator

Okaloosa County Public Works

Phone: 850-423-4887

Cell : 850-546-0598

Fax : 850-689-5786

Email : aallen@co.okaloosa.fl.us

The only people you should ever try to get 'even with'

are those who have helped you.

Please note: Due to Florida’s very broad public records laws, most written communications to or from County employees regarding County business are public records, available to the public and media upon request. Therefore, this e-mail communication, including your email address, may be subject to public disclosure and public record retention requirements.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: Wednesday, September 08, 2010 3:33 PM
To: Amy Allen
Subject: Disc Golf

Hi Amy,

I have been informed by Rhonda Key that the decision has been made and will be announced

at the November meeting. She went on to say that I will not be apart of any project at the Okaloosa Island site.

Even though I still believe that I with my connections, the better golfers in P-cola and FWB, my World Class friends, and experience could prove to be a better option

at least for the counties interest for success I am not interested in fighting with her. I have no interest financially as they do and I will
bow out as my interest is/was only to grow the sport and put heads in beds and money in our local businesses.

Things have started to get ugly and I do not want to be involved in that.

Thank you for your help,

Steve Hollis

Key Chains 1
Key Chains 1

Back to top Go down

Okaloosa Island Disc Golf Course Empty Last thought

Post  steve h Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:50 am

HERE are a few comments from Rhonda's post ...

For those of you that do not know me, I'm not one to bulls%$t anyone so everything you are fixing to read is true. You can form your own opinion.

We, Key Chains, Playground, and all the new disc golfers have the backing Steve, I’ve made sure of that, and we don’t lie. I’ve always been accused of telling it like it is, but you what, it keeps me out of mess you are in.

Today: big info coming in "NOVEMEBER" that we wrote about, had nothing to do with Okaloosa Island Course,
Yesterday: There are going to be some exciting things happening in our area and some pretty big news coming at the Nov. board meeting, but will not include Hollis.

In their own words "You can form your own opinion."
steve h
steve h

Back to top Go down

Post  Key Chains 1 Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:09 am

THIS WILL BE MY LAST RESPONSE TO THIS ISSUE:

AGAIN, what part of the NOVEMBER MEETING and YOU and not discussing a disc golf course do you not get! I hope that any and everyone involved with OKALOOSA COUNTY will come to the next Parks and Recreation Board meeting scheduled for Wednesday, November 3, 2010 @ 3:00 in Crestview.

The parks and recreation board have these meetings EVERY 2 months to discuss things that are on the agenda for Okaloosa County, not just disc golf proposals, and the public is welcome to attend! Thanks again for listening, however this subject is now TOXIX and I hope dropped, as to he said she said. Come to the meetings Very Happy

Have a fantastic week! We are having awesome weather for being outside, enjoy it sunny ~Teresa~
Key Chains 1
Key Chains 1

Back to top Go down

Post  Key Chains 1 Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:10 am

Sorry, can't edit for spell check... Very Happy was supposed to be TOXIC , I am the worst speller Very Happy

Key Chains 1 wrote:THIS WILL BE MY LAST RESPONSE TO THIS ISSUE:

AGAIN, what part of the NOVEMBER MEETING and YOU and not discussing a disc golf course do you not get! I hope that any and everyone involved with OKALOOSA COUNTY will come to the next Parks and Recreation Board meeting scheduled for Wednesday, November 3, 2010 @ 3:00 in Crestview.

The parks and recreation board have these meetings EVERY 2 months to discuss things that are on the agenda for Okaloosa County, not just disc golf proposals, and the public is welcome to attend! Thanks again for listening, however this subject is now TOXIX and I hope dropped, as to he said she said. Come to the meetings Very Happy

Have a fantastic week! We are having awesome weather for being outside, enjoy it sunny ~Teresa~
Key Chains 1
Key Chains 1

Back to top Go down

Okaloosa Island Disc Golf Course Empty You will all have to forgive me

Post  steve h Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:26 am

$5.37. That's what the kid behind the counter at Taco Bell said to me.

I dug into my pocket and pulled out some lint and two dimes and something that used to be a Jolly Rancher. Having already handed the kid a five-spot, I started to head back out to the truck to grab some change when the kid with the Elmo hairdo said the harshest thing anyone has ever said to me.
He said, "It's OK. I'll just give you the senior citizen discount."

I turned to see who he was talking to and then heard the sound of change hitting the counter in front of me. "Only $4.68" he said cheerfully. I stood there stupefied. I am 48 , not even 50 yet? A mere child! Senior citizen?

I took my burrito and walked out to the truck wondering what was wrong with Elmo. Was he blind?

As I sat in the truck, my blood began to boil. Old? Me?

I'll show him, I thought. I opened the door and headed back inside. I strode to the counter, and there he was waiting with a smile.

Before I could say a word, he held up something and jingled it in front of me, like I could be that easily distracted!
What am I now? A toddler?

"Dude! Can't get too far without your car keys, eh?"
I stared with utter disdain at the keys. I began to rationalize in my mind.
"Leaving keys behind hardly makes a man elderly! It could happen to anyone!"

I turned and headed back to the truck.
I slipped the key into the ignition, but it wouldn't turn.
What now?
I checked my keys and tried another. Still nothing.
That's when I noticed the purple beads hanging from my rearview mirror.
I had no purple beads hanging from my rearview mirror.

Then, a few other objects came into focus. The car seat in the back seat. Happy Meal toys spread all over the floorboard. A partially eaten doughnut on the dashboard.

Faster than you can say ginkgo biloba, I flew out of the alien vehicle.

Moments later I was speeding out of the parking lot, relieved to finally be leaving this nightmarish stop in my life. That is when I felt it, deep in the bowels of my stomach: hunger! My stomach growled and churned, and I reached to grab my burrito, only it was nowhere to be found.

I swung the truck around, gathered my courage, and strode back into the restaurant one final time.
There Elmo stood, draped in youth and black nail polish. All I could think was, "What is the world coming to?"

All I could say was, "Did I leave my food and drink in here?" At this point I was ready to ask a Boy Scout to help me back to my vehicle, and then go straight home and apply for Social Security benefits.

Elmo had no clue. I walked back out to the truck, and suddenly a young lad came up and tugged on my jeans to get my attention. He was holding up a drink and a bag. His mother explained, "I think you left this in my truck by mistake."
I took the food and drink from the little boy and sheepishly apologized.

She offered these kind words: "It's OK. My grandfather does stuff like this all the time."

All of this is to explain how I got a ticket doing 85 in a 40. Yes, I was racing some punk kid in a Toyota Prius.
And no, I told the officer, I'm not too old to be driving this fast.

As I walked in the front door, my wife met me halfway down the hall. I handed her a bag of cold food and a $300 speeding ticket. I promptly sat in my rocking chair and covered up my legs with a blankey.

The good news was I had successfully found my way home.

steve h
steve h

Back to top Go down

Okaloosa Island Disc Golf Course Empty watch outt

Post  mobz Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:51 pm

just make sure the disagreements dont influence the people in charge of getting the course put in. I know in Mobile arguments among organizers have stopped courses in Mobile and never talked about again. If Teresa approached the right people first then let her roll with it. Get your golfers together and form a comitte to make calls and stick with them. You will always have that few that like to feel bigshot that generally is the downfall. Let the MOBZ know if we can help. I am from Ft Walton and know a few people there that might b able to help

Leo Otto
251 776 0023
MOBZ
Winner Idea

mobz

Back to top Go down

Post  Key Chains 1 Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:53 am

Good Morning Leo!
The most awesome thing about ALL OF THIS is that the parks and recreation board are in total agreement with a new disc golf course, it is just a matter of where there is land that they are willing to donate. But you are absolutely correct and with ALL GOLFERS jazzed about a new course, and if they will come to the parks and rec meetings, it will become a reality!!! YAY Very Happy I have the minutes from the first meeting that I will post that has the chairman, who loves the Ferry Park course, as he is in the park walking all of the time, is totally behind it. Mr. Carmichael will be retiring from the board, however will continue to help with the proposals for DISC GOLF Very Happy . Thanks again for your input LEO/MOBZ... have a fantstic weekend & GOOOOOOO GATORS (that's for Jeff Martin Razz )
~Teresa~

mobz wrote:just make sure the disagreements dont influence the people in charge of getting the course put in. I know in Mobile arguments among organizers have stopped courses in Mobile and never talked about again. If Teresa approached the right people first then let her roll with it. Get your golfers together and form a comitte to make calls and stick with them. You will always have that few that like to feel bigshot that generally is the downfall. Let the MOBZ know if we can help. I am from Ft Walton and know a few people there that might b able to help

Leo Otto
251 776 0023
MOBZ
Winner Idea

Key Chains 1
Key Chains 1

Back to top Go down

Okaloosa Island Disc Golf Course Empty On the button Leo!

Post  steve h Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:50 am

Could not agree with you more. I just had thought from the beginning that with the girls at Key Chains and there passion and my contacts in the golf world together we might get this done. My original post that started all of this was a positive post asking for help from all disc golfers and it got ugly after I was attacked and called a lier. I responded in a positive way and defended myself, even reaching out to work together with the other side to make this a reality. This seemed to be ignored ~ so be it.

I like the girls at Key Chains and wish them every success in growing the sport and be a driving force within the Playground Disc Golf Club to do more in the next year than was accomplished in the first year. You need to remember that I was one of the founding members of that club and served on a BOD that was not functionable. I did as posted by the girls bow out of this project with the county and again offered any support they need or if they wanted my help. Hope this is not to be seen as another lie, which in all of these post I still do not see where I have told even one untruth.

In a sport where it is diffucult to get people to step forward and run with the ball it is ashame to let someone who is sit on the sidelines - but at this point this is just what I wll do. I will just be a player and a watcher which is where I really wanted to be after (in my opinion - and I believe I am still entitled to an opinion) we (as I was one of the founding members and BOD of PDGC) were a failure. It was only after several of the best players in P-cola and FWB approached me that I returned to an active roll.

I look forward to playing on any and all new courses and taking home the $$.

Steve Hollis - The Parker
steve h
steve h

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down