Mango Disc Golf
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Playground Disc Club

3 posters

Go down

Playground Disc Club Empty Playground Disc Club

Post  steve h Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:52 pm

Because of problems with the Playground Disc Golf Club leadership, and in order to keep all informed the Members of the Playground Disc Golf Club are currently moving towards electing a new board or starting a new Club ... and until this is settled we will continue to keep our website up to date on all events in our area. (www.playgrounddiscgolfclub.com) I am not one of them but do support their efforts.

Understand that the BOD of the Playground Disc Golf Club has asked us to remove from this site anything having to do with the Club. We are trying to do so but might have missed a place or two but will continue to look for them and delete them as we find them. This web site is not currently any part of the Playground Disc Golf Club but is the local disc golfers site for our area and the forum here is still functioning. I would ask that all current members of the forum continue to post here until everything is worked out.

The President of the Club has made a post the ECDGA forum of how their Forum (this one) has been hijacked. So untrue, it is still here and available. He just lost the rights to administer the Forum as in almost one year he has done nothing for the Club.

I take offense that after all I have done for the Club and Disc Golf in our area that he would post this post directed towards me after I asked him to keep the internal problems out of the open for the benefit of the members - even though he does not state my name everyone knows who he is referring to. He has stated privately that he does not want to get into a pissing contest with me so come back and see if that holds true. I can piss with the best of them!

It is unfortunate that we have lost a year in moving forward to bring the members of the Playground Disc Golf Club the benefits of membership that many of us feel we should have belonging to our club. Also, it is unfortunate that the BOD director’s response is to blame others for their problems, when it is their lack of leadership in promoting the Club and our sport. Our forum will continue to be available to anyone that wants to post or find out what is happening in our area. I guess that problems were sure to show up when the BOD was not elected by the membership but appointed by the founders, one of them being myself, and new elections hopefully should fix that problem.

The BOD for the PDGC has started a new forum and you can find it here:

http://playgrounddiscgolf.forum-motion.com

Keep checking back for updates - go and play a round of Disc Golf Today!

Steve Hollis -
PDGC founding member, past VP of the Board of Directors - now just a pain in the ass!!
steve h
steve h

http://www.playgrounddiscgolfclub.com , www.elyaqueclub.com , ww

Back to top Go down

Playground Disc Club Empty BOD PDGC

Post  steve h Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:48 am

I would like to make an apology to the BOD of PDGC seems the group that contacted me yesterday wanting a change in the directors are not members of the Club. As such they can not vote for changes within the Club.

That there is no Member action to make a change to the board.

I was being an ass - upset that after all my efforts to support the sport and Club seemed to be going into the toliet.

It was a huge loss of effort on my part. I was being an assho** and I am sorry.

Funny now it seems like the BOD is moving forward so maybe we did win after all.

Steve Hollis
President of Club Bananas
steve h
steve h

Back to top Go down

Playground Disc Club Empty Re: Playground Disc Club

Post  Jeff M Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:02 pm

This will be the last time I respond to this issue. While your apology is appreciated I think there are some things that need to be cleared.
Let me start by saying, there isn’t a problem within the Playground Disc Gold Club leadership. Yes, there will be elections coming up at the end of October, but not for the reasons you are stating. There is definitely not a problem within the BOD and we are most certainly not starting a new club!

Yes, we did ask you to take down anything related to the Playground Disc Gold Club because you hijacked the forums. Before you go and say that the forums weren’t hijacked
Let me ask you this. What word would you use when you removed me and the rest of the BOD from administrator and moderator status and took sole control of the forum and didn’t give us any kind of warning or notice? I believe that word would be hijacked, correct? I do have a question for you Steve. From what I gather of your second post you state that a group of individuals had contacted you yesterday about wanting change in leadership and that is the reason why you took control of the forum. If I recall you took control of the forum last week. So I find this kind of strange that your acting like this all just happened over a period of a few days. I know you won’t give out the names of these individuals that came to you, but please let them know that if they want change they need to come see me or talk to the other BOD members. We are more then willing to listen to what they have to say. I also don’t see how you took offense to the post I put on the ECDGC forum. Those guys would have never known anything, but you are the one that let it be known that you were the one to hold responsible for the post I made.

I believe you are the only one that believes that the club hasn’t moved forward. We have been moving forward, you just haven’t known about it. We have our Sunday random draw doubles as well as the fling for food/bag tag round on Thursday which has been a great success so far. Drake has done an exceptional job with it by the way. We have also sold 80 bag tags and also have the ace race coming up. So to say we haven’t moved forward is not true! I speak personally when I say this and im sure the board would also agree with me, but I nor them have ever blamed anyone for us not moving forward because we have been moving forward just slowly,

Funny how the club has been moving forward, you just haven’t known about it.

Jeff
Jeff M
Jeff M
Admin

Back to top Go down

Playground Disc Club Empty Thanks

Post  steve h Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:36 am

Was great to get a reply from Jeff - and thanks for not pissing on me!

Rather than tear your post apart I will let you have the last word. Great job by the way good to see you posting
on the forum once again. Guess you have forgotten about the phone conversation we had 6 to 8 weeks ago.
I do - would not be good for you if it were known publicly.

Ok - I am done also! Disc Golf the sport that brings people together!

The Hijacker

Should I change my Parker to Hijacker? I like it sounds good!

steve h
steve h

Back to top Go down

Post  Drake N Bake Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:12 am

and when you win tournaments you can say you hijacked it from the guy who took second! (this is not intended in anyway as an insult, i just think it would be funny to hear someone say that at a tournament, especially if you were in second until the last few holes)

talk to you later "Hijackin' Hollis"
Drake N Bake
Drake N Bake

Back to top Go down

Playground Disc Club Empty Hijackin Hollis

Post  steve h Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:25 am

I like that... my friends could call me HH, that is if I had any!
steve h
steve h

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down